100+ performances, 17 parks, all 5 boroughs, 280,000+ fans, and now, an app! SummerStage challenged software developers to create the 2013 festival app.
SummerStage, a program of City Parks Foundation, presents performances of outstanding artistic quality, free of charge, to serve the diverse communities of New York City. The artists represent a breadth of genres and cultures and perform in an outdoor setting accessible to people of all ages and backgrounds. SummerStage strives to develop audiences' deepening appreciation for contemporary, traditional, and emerging artists as well as the communities in which these artists originate.
SummerStage is looking for the app which best reflects the mission outlined above and uses the SummerStage content to engage the 280,000+ attendees to SummerStage’s annual summer-long festival. Apps that creatively utilize both the SummerStage API and other provided APIs to offer a beneficial and positive experience to festival-goers, and reflect the fact that SummerStage extends to 16 parks beyond Central Park, will be judged higher.
Please read the full rules for eligibility.
Please read the full rules for submission requirements.
How to enter
- Create an account on, or log in with, an existing ChallengePost account.
- On Hacksummerstage.com click the "Register" button to confirm your interest in participating. This step ensures that you will receive important challenge updates.
- Get a SummerStage API key from UPlanMe, Inc. by clicking here.
- Create a working software application that utilizes the SummerStage API
- Complete all of the required fields on the submission form, and submit your product design by including a link, video, text description, and at least one screenshot of your working application and confirm that you have read and agree to the challenge rules.
Co-Founder, UPlanMe, Inc.
President, Chief Integration Officer, JWT North America / JWT New York
Director, Marketing & Communications, City Parks Foundation
Associate Director, New Media & Marketing, City Parks Foundation
Director of Digital Production, JWT New York
Quality of the Idea
Includes elements of creativity and originality specifically applied to SummerStage
Includes design, ease of use and visual appeal
Includes the potential impact on the festival experience of SummerStage attendees